Lorton Stone, LLC is a premier stone and marble contracting and masonry restoration company providing clients in and around the nation’s capital with a range of services from budgeting, design/build consulting, drafting, purchasing and installation. We purchase only the highest quality marble, granite and limestone from quarries offering the world’s best product. The winner of several awards, Lorton Stone has worked on notable projects including work on the Robert F. Kennedy Department of Justice Building, the Hoover Federal Building, the Ariel Rios Federal Building (ATF headquarters), the National Gallery of Art, the US Supreme Court, Arlington Cemetery, the Washington Monument, the Martin Luther King Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the George Washington Memorial Parkway, the USA Today headquarters, the Blessed John Paul II Shrine, schools and universities in the DC metropolitan area, and more.
Lorton Stone is seeking a Stone & Marble Projects Manager to plan, manage, direct and coordinate both small and large-scale marble and stone projects in areas including commercial, infrastructure and monument building and restoration. The Stone & Marble Projects Manager will report directly to the President.
Due to our notable clients and high-profile projects in and around the nation’s capital, the incumbent must possess the qualifications and interpersonal skills necessary to interact on a high-level with decision makers, and must possess demonstrated leadership abilities in a managerial role.
The incumbent shall have a Master’s degree in an architecture or engineering-related field (equivalent foreign degree accepted).
The incumbent shall have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in stone and marble projects management.
The following combination of education and experience is acceptable—
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent foreign degree accepted), plus
- Five (5) years of progressive post degree work experience as a stone & marble projects manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The incumbent shall possess the following skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Knowledge of the engineering and design aspects of stone and marble projects and their application, including principles, materials, equipment, techniques, tools, computer software and models/drawings
- Knowledge of production methods, quality control and cost control from quarry to completion of project
- Knowledge, skills and ability to develop/conduct strategic planning, procedures, resource allocation, logistics, leadership, and coordination aspects of stone and marble projects
- Knowledge of and familiarity with domestic and international stone and marble quarries and suppliers, particularly with European (particularly Greek, Italian and Spanish) stone and marble suppliers
- Skills and ability to assess customer needs, anticipate problems, work to meet quality standards and evaluate customer satisfaction
- A leader and overall polished persona with outstanding verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Skills and ability to identify and solve complex problems and conflicts, including ability to evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skills and ability to coordinate, manage and monitor stone and marble projects and personnel
- A strong negotiator with the skills and ability to negotiate both project specifications and to resolve conflicts
- Detail-oriented with strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills
- Skills and ability to prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets and estimate labor and materials requirements
- Ability to develop, build, lead and supervise teams
- Plan, direct, manage and coordinate stone & marble projects and oversee their technical activities, organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation
- Confer with other supervisory personnel, including owners, government agencies, contractors, engineers, architects and design professionals to coordinate, review, discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, selection of raw materials, complaints, design issues, logistics or construction issues
- Present proposals and reports to clients, and consult and negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications
- Study job specifications to determine or develop and implement appropriate raw materials, standards and procedures
- Confer with staff to discuss project specifications and procedures, monitor and manage staff
- Prepare, review and recommend budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports
- Prepare, review and recommend contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements
- Frequent travel to quarries and suppliers in North America and Europe
All applicants shall be subject to a pre-employment background investigation. Lorton Stone, LLC employees are subject to random drug testing.
Lorton Stone, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental condition or disability, genetics, or marital status